On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 5:51 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 9:42 AM John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 5:30 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> *> The entanglement of the spins in the singlet state is a property of
>>> the state itself -- the plorizer settings by either or both of Alice and
>>> Bob are absolutely irrelevant for the existence of the initial entangled
>>> state.*
>>>

>> That would be true only if things are realistic, that is to say if
>> before it was measured the electron already existed in one and only one
>> definite state, but as I've said over and over, Many Worlds is NOT a
>> realistic theory.
>>

> *> This has nothing to do with whether or not the theory is realistic.
> Realism is a side issue*

* A side issue?! * The question of realism has nothing to do with "*the
plorizer settings by either or both of Alice and Bob are absolutely
irrelevant for the existence of the initial entangled state*"? Are you
serious?

> *and has nothing to do with the definition of an entangled state.*

I suppose you could dream up a crazy definition of the word "realism: that
had nothing to do with "entangled states" , but such a silly definition
wouldn't be good for anything, it would be utterly useless. So now that we
can't use "realism" we'd have to invent a new word that means "objects in
the quantum realm exist in one and only one definite state even if they
have not been measured".

asw