On 4/17/2022 6:33 PM, Alan Grayson wrote:
I was aware of the limitation on *precision* implied by the HUP. I was addressing whether *simultaneous* measurements are possible despite the HUP. I think they are possible.

The HUP directly refers ideal measurements which are preparations. Each destructive measurement can simultaneously measure conjugate variables to arbitrary precision.  But repeating the destructive measurements on exactly the same prepared system will then give a scatter of answers which satisfies the HUP.

But my main point is that acausality is tantamount to unintelligible. IMO, there's a huge difference between being unable to perfectly predict the time evolution of a system, and it being uncaused. AG

Is there?  Even if the unpredicitability is in-principle?  What is the huge difference?

Brent