On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 05:14:41PM -0700, Brent Meeker wrote:

> If there are probabilities attached to the branches, then Gleason's theorem
> shows that the probabilities must satisfy the Born rule.  So I don't seen any
> inconsistency in simply saying they are probabilities of measurement results,
> that's Copenhagen.  But if they are probabilities of results that implies that
> some things happen and others don't...other wise what does "probability" mean
> and what use is it as an empirical concept?  That brings back the original
> problem of CI, where and how is this happening defined?

Doesn't this just hinge on what I call in my book the
semantic-syntactic distinction, aka the  1-3 distinction (long debates
between Bruno and JC on this), or the subjective-objective
distinction, or even discrete-continuous distinction.

Without this cut, the very concept of information makes no sense, and
without information, Darwinian evolution doesn't happen.

ISTM, no-collapse QM is a continuous theory, it lacks this cut, which
must be added in as an extra axiom.