After a New York Times columnist complained about a new law in Canada that
allows people to have control over their own bodies and die if they want to
die, I wrote this letter to the newspaper. As I expected they didn't print
it so I'm going to send it here:

Ross Douthat is appalled that last year Canada allowed 10,000 of its
citizens to legally end they're suffering and their lives and claims that
is not civilized, but I say a law that requires somebody must continue to
live when they want to die is as unjust as a law that requires that a
person die when they want to live. Maybe they're making the right decision
and maybe they're not, but it should not be up to you or me to make that
judgment because it's their lives not yours or mine.  And most of us feel
that we human beings should have more rights than animals and should be
treated better, and yet most would consider it "civilized" to end the agony
of a terminally injured animal's life, so I don't understand why human
beings shouldn't have the same rights that animals have.  After this column
I also don't understand why the New York Times continues to believe that
Mr. Douthat's opinions are worth printing.

7v3o