On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 1:52 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

https://scitechdaily.com/nasa-discovers-pair-of-super-earths-with-1000-mile-deep-oceans/

> *Would the mass of 1000 miles (1333 kilometers) with the mass of liquid
> water induce nuclear fusion at the bottom of those oceans *

1000 miles is not nearly deep enough for fusion, it would have to be about
half a million miles deep for that and then it would not be a planet it
would be a star.

> *Water, mass, gravity, crushing force? Like perhaps not deuterium or
> deuterium-tritium fusion, but proton-proton fusion??*

The smallest true star, that is a star that undergoes proton-proton fusion
in its core, has about 80 times the mass of Jupiter, although pseudo-stars
just 20 times the mass of Jupiter can undergo deuterium-deuterium or
deuterium-tritium fusion for a short time until their fuel is used up.
Jupiter's mass is 319 times the mass of the Earth and the Sun has about 1050
times the mass of Jupiter.

moj