From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: spudboy...@aol.com
Cc: everything-list@googlegroups.com <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Jan 9, 2023 4:55 am
Subject: Re: On The Super Intellect and the cosmos

On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 6:43 PM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> Things that we're not accustomed to seeing as living or intelligent could
> exist.

There is no end to the "maybe" game. Maybe rocks are brilliantly intelligent
but they're just shy and taciturn. But I doubt it.

> Could Hoyles clouds or other things be alive, and we wouldn't have a clue?

Could ET be super intelligent and yet every single one of them wants to let
99.99999....% of the universe's photons go to waste instead of putting them to
work to produce more thoughts and a more aware universe? Maybe, but I doubt it.

> Would scientists be surprised if something unusual arrived? Obviously.

Would scientists be surprised if it turned out that rocks really were
brilliant? Obviously.

ou0p