Intelligence is instrumental.  It can tell you how to get what you want.  But emotion tells you what you want.  It's necessary to making any decisions.  I think intelligence without emotion or practically none is possible, as for example an AI theorem prover or even an AI Go player whose only "emotion" is desire to win.

Brent

On 2/24/2023 3:47 AM, John Clark wrote:

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 7:26 PM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

    > /All I wanted from it was to explain how it developed emotions
    with the biological hardware that we animals have?/

There is no need to invent an emotional circuitbecause emotion comes with intelligence whether you like it or not. Consciousness is the way data feels when it is processed intelligently.

John K Clark    See what's on my new list at Extropolis <https://groups.google.com/g/extropolis>
7te

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv37Zm2a9tdgGGv7h-6TK-Au6WL9HMSLA%2B6p6WDzLnfnWA%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv37Zm2a9tdgGGv7h-6TK-Au6WL9HMSLA%2B6p6WDzLnfnWA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.