I recently saw two charts that vividly contrast the outcome of the economic
policies of Trump and Biden.

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]
Trump wanted to increase US manufacturing and thought he could do that by
drastically cutting business taxes, increasing tariffs, and instigating a
trade war. But it didn't work, the money business saved by spending less on
taxes they didn't use to build new factories or increase research and
development funding but instead just used it to buy back their own stock to
increase its price; and raising tariffs did nothing but increase the price
of consumer goods and decreased the demand for them and so harmed domestic
manufacturing.

By contrast under Biden's "Inflation Reduction Act" that subsidized green
energy production and his "CHIPS Act" which created incentives to build
domestic chip fabrication plants resulted in, as you can see in the above
chart,  manufacturing construction more than doubleing over the past year.

g8a