Wasn't something similar said about atoms? (Not that this is proof,
more a "they laughed at Copernicus, and now they're laughing at me, so
I must be right too" sort of argument). But as (or if) I understand
it, multiverses are speculations that reduce problems elsewhere. To
loosely quote Max Tegmark, an M-theory multiverse goes some way
towards answering the question "why these particular laws of physics?"
while a quantum multiverse rigorously answers the question "why this
particular history?"