Hi,

It looks the first time I type "evince foo.pdf" evince will open with the
thumbnail view on the left, and a default zoom level.  I can modify these
with the mouse, so the next time I "evince foo.pdf" evince will remember
the settings, but when I "evince bar.pdf" the thumbnails are back and I
need to rescale manually.  Is there a way for me to set a global preference
for things like thumbnails and scaling so I don't need to adjust them for
each new document?

Also, is there a way to ask evince to make the frame fit itself to the
document being viewed, so there is no gray area (like ghostview used to do
long ago)?

Thanks,

Steve