Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 06:38:40 -0800 (PST)
From: erden goktepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ECCO] Workshop on "Globalization as Evolutionary Progress"
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It looks interesting! Geroge Modelski is one the theoricians that we used to study at the university, especially his historical cycles theory, emergence of strcutures throug out history. I would like to participate if possible, I do think that it would be fruitful for me.

Erden.

Francis Heylighen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:The following seminar to which I have been invited seems very interesting for several of us in ECCO (Nick, Erden, John...). If anyone is particularly interested to participate, let me know, and I'll ask the organizers whether their invitation could be extended to some of my colleagues...

Francis

Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:59:56 -0800 (PST) From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: Francis Heylighen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Paris seminar

Dear Professor Heylighen:
I attach herewith an invitation to a Paris seminar, next October, on "Globalization as Evolutionary Progress", and a statement of the aims of that project.
George Modelski

Dear Professor Heylighen:

I am glad to be able to report that the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation of Lisbon has decided to fund a research seminar on "Globalization as Evolutionary Process", to be held in Paris, October 27-29, 2005. The co-directors are Professor Tessaleno Devezas, of the University of Beira Interior, Portugal (that is sponsoring this event), and myself.

This seminar is intended to bring together a small group of scholars with a view to assessing the state of the field, with special emphasis on conceptualization, on causation, and periodization, and examining the feasibility of modeling, and simulating, globalization. By separate attachment I am sending you a statement of the project.

I should be delighted if you were able to contribute to this enterprise, by presenting a paper, and participating in the discussions. If you accept this invitation you will let us know the title of your contribution, and your preferred session. The deadline for the abstracts (that will be sent out to all participants) will be May 31, and for the completed paper, September 1.

Our grant will make it possible to cover the costs of an APEX return ticket, together with your accommodation and meals in Paris, if you are unable to secure support from other sources. Will you please send me a reply within a couple of days to let me know that you have received this invitation and, I very much hope, that you will be able to come and participate in this event.

Sincerely,

George Modelski
Professor Emeritus, University of Washington

Website:  The "Evolutionary World Politics" Home Page at
http://faculty.washington.edu/modelski/

--

Francis Heylighen
Evolution, Complexity and Cognition group