Greetings,

I finished yesterday the first version of a paper I submitted to the
2nd European Conference on Complex Systems. I hope that you might find
it interesting, and I would welcome any comment.

A General Methodology for Designing Self-Organizing Systems
Carlos Gershenson
ECCO working paper 2005-05
http://uk.arXiv.org/abs/nlin/0505009

Abstract:
  This paper presents a conceptual framework for speaking about self-organizing
systems. The aim is to provide a methodology useful for designing and
controlling systems developed to solve complex problems. A brief introduction
to complexity and self-organization is given before introducing the conceptual
framework and the methodology. A case study on self-organizing traffic lights
illustrates the ideas presented in the paper.

Related work can be found at http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~cgershen/sos/

Best regards,

    Carlos Gershenson...
    Centrum Leo Apostel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
    Krijgskundestraat 33. B-1160 Brussels, Belgium
    http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~cgershen/

  "Life is a constant adaptation"