Ok, I will try to remain calm -- not to shout, not to rant, not to do
anything I may regret later.

> > It looks like current CVS does not allow sending E-mails uing disabled
> > accounts.
> >
> > I very often disable E-mail accounts to make it possible to choose
> > between multiple of my E-mail addresses.
> >
> > Why is this possibility blocked?
>
> OK. There are several reasons. Firstly and the most obvious being that
> when an account is disabled you should not be able to 'operate' on the
> account. You can only *save* such mails as draft or send it using
> another account.
>
> And most importantly - the concept of being able to *send* mails using a
> *disabled* account is pretty confusing. So now we just have a message
> asking the user to chose another account to send e-mail.

This issue was discussed recently on e-p, just a month ago [1]. With
absolutely *no* conclusion. I don't see any approval for the patch
either.

To sum up the entire thread:

  Can we please get a decision by the UI team
  on #243241 first?  Do we want this?

Why are patches sent to e-p, if the replies and discussion is going to
be ignored anyway?

...guenther

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-patches/2005-October/msg00136.html

--