Hi Partha,

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 18:40 +0530, Parthasarathi Susarla wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 13:36 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Problems seems to arise if "exists" is TRUE.
> >
> > Issue 1) pstrings, such as "mi->info.from", are being overwritten
> > without being released.
>
> > Issue 2) mi is being unref-ed but subsequently used. mi could vanish
> > while in use if another thread unrefs it once more.
>
> The logic there is quite simple and straight forward, if a message
> exists in the summary already, then we just do a pstring_free and
> allocate memory for individual items of the MessageInfo structure.

I can not see any explicit camel_pstring_free() in the source. I do see
a call to camel_message_info_free() if "exists" if TRUE. This call will
unconditionally unref the message info struct as far as I can see.

Please correct me if I am wrong here....

> dont know which source you are using, but i see that its being freed and
> used properly (if you are not updated, please do so)

I am using the gnome-2-12 branch of e-d-s as of today.

> And the messageinfo is *not* being unreffed

But camel_message_info_free() will unconditionally unref the message
info, won't it?

I'm sure it's me, but I can't make this add up in my head :-(

Thanks,
  jules