On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 21:35 +0100, Keith Sharp wrote:

> Is there a bug open for this?  I can pretty reliably recreate this on my
> laptop by running Evolution, stopping Evolution cleanly, hibernating my
> laptop, resuming and trying to start Evolution.
>
> Keith.

The message means what it says - The configuration is not what it should
be for the application to run well.

The work-arounds suggested all refer to environments where multiple
versions of evolution/eds co-exist - and tell you how to recover from a
bad combination.

The action required towards a full solution is to get the environment to
a valid state - remove conflicting versions or isolating matched
versions in your shell environment through proper settings to
BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc.

So this is not a 'bug' that can be fixed by modifying the code. What may
be a bug indeed is documentation (or a lack of it) on the prevention and
recovery of such errors.

Harish