Hi,

So I've received mostly positive feedback towards merging the DBus port
of EDS back into CVS, so would like some feedback.  My fork has renamed
libebook and libedata-book to libebook-orbit and libdata-book-orbit, and
added libebook-dbus and libedata-book-dbus.  At configure time a symlink
is created from libebook and libedata-book to the relevant
implementations, so the backend build system doesn't need to be
modified.

I also symlink various files from libebook-dbus/ to -orbit, as they are
identical in both code bases.  These symlinks are stored in the
repository so will probably need to wait for the Subversion migration...

Are there any objections to this plan?  On Windows its sub-optimal as
the $(LN_S) will fall back to a cp -a, but I can't see a better clean
way of handling the two code bases without massive numbers of ifdefs in
source/makefiles.

http://svn.o-hand.com/view/eds-dbus/trunk/ is the repository for anybody
curious as to how the source is arranged.

Cheers,
Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]