On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 20:55 +0530, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 11:37 +0200, William Murray wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >        I finally got evo/exchange 'working', but there are problems. The
> > evolution-exchange component starts to consume 50% of my CPU, and
> > beageld takes another 50%. Somehow these two are interacting badly.
> >    What debug should I do?
> You can try the following:
> 1) beagle-shutdown and see whether Exchange storage is taking all the
> CPUs.

Hmm, this turned out to be a complex interaction. Anyway, turning off
beagled helped. But...see below...

> 2) Enable E2K_DEBUG to see whether Exchange Storage is doing any server
> communication.

The exchange server is trying to connect to our ldap server. As it
downloads all my email again (why? They were cached already!) it looks
up each address it finds, and then hangs for 1 minute until the ldap
times out. So it took an hour to open evolution. But I could see what it
was doing..
  I guess the download is what attracted beagled's attention.
If I re-start it now with a tunnel for the ldap it is really quite fast.
But without it is still several minutes before I give up...

> 3) Try disabling GAL Caching, if enabled.
   How do I do this?