On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 13:44 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> This is what happens if you try to open a truly large E-mail on a device
> that has not as much memory available:
>
> Is there something we can do about this? Can we change the MIME parsing
> algorithm to be less memory demanding for example?
>
> Note that GArray is not really very sparse with memory once you start
> having a really large array. Perhaps we can in stead change this to a
> normal pointer array of a fixed size (do we know the size before we
> start parsing, so that we can allocate an exact size in stead, perhaps?)

eh, why would you change it to a GPtrArray? It doesn't hold pointers, it
holds message part content.

Unfortunately we don't know the size ahead of time.

I suppose you could use a custom byte array allocator so that you can
force it to grow by larger chunks or something, dunno.

The way GMime handles this is by not loading content into RAM, but that
may be harder to do with Camel, especially in the mbox case.

Jeff