Take a look at the It's All Text Firefox extension.
It works beautifully with emacs =D (even with emacsclient-snapshot). The
idea is to run emacs text server, and sync it back with textbox in the
firefox.

Something like this would actually switch me to using evolution instead of
gmail.

With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs