On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 00:47 -0500, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> Wouldn't it be possible to use a different directory, e.g.
> "mail/local-index/folders.db"? That would avoid both problems.

        That seems like a great idea to me; at least - if the 'hot' data set of
evolution is normally just the summary information, then keeping that in
a single directory [ ie. mangle the path names into file names ] would
make it rather more likely to be contiguous on disk too which might be
nice:

        ~/.evolution/mail/summaries/local-Inbox-suse-kernel.db # etc. ;-)

> I still think relocating folders.db is a better option, since it would
> work for everyone without necessitating an upgrade.

        Sounds best to me, if we can do it that is.

        Regards,

                Michael.

--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot