On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 14:10 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> Some parts of the client API really need to be fixed. For instance
> currently EContact cannot work reliably as EVCardAttribute is mutable.
> Therefore you can change some contact attributes without EContact
> noticing it. World would be much better if EVCardAttribute would be
> immutable and if EVCard would have some virtual functions to inform
> subclasses like EContact about added/removed attributes.

I have a grand plan with very handwavy details which involves entirely
replacing EVCard and EContact, extending the views API, and sanitising
the book API.

My shorter-term task list includes reviewing the Maemo patches, because
yes this is a problem.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: r...@burtonini.com