On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 22:04 -0400, Rohan Agrawal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this list, and new to hacking on evolution.  I'm
> interested in improving the code which converts HTML mail to plain
> text, but I can't seem to find where this code is.  Could someone
> point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
> Rohan

        Hi,
such operations are done in GtkHTML [1]. There is a lame filter in
evolution-data-server too, but it just extracts pure text parts.

Just note that GtkHTML is not much maintained, and there is a plan to
change it with a WebKit, as soon as the editing API, and some other
parts of it, will be ready for our use case.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gtkhtml/