On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 12:27 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> Anyway, I agree with you that if Evo makes use of this type of aliasing
> then we should definitely add that flag to the default makefile flags.
> Configure can check for it and use it if present.

Done.  Although, I imagine many distros have already disabled strict
aliasing optimization due to all the compiler warnings we used to have
about it.

If GCC or even LLVM ever learns to detect cases like what Jeff ran into
and -warn- about them, I'd love to know about it so I can it to our
already lengthy list of warning flags we build with by default now.

Matthew Barnes