Last night my very old Evolution version was upgraded.
I have looked into almost all of my scores of subfolders and
sub-sub-folders that once contained thousands of messages.
 - some folders are empty, especially sub-sub-folders
   (including, ironically, my evo-mail-list folders)
 - some appear intact and the emails readable
 - many emails return the following after launching 2.30.1.1, Quitting,
and re-launching:
Unable to retrieve message
Cannot get message: 9489 from
folder /home/danlj/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.sbd/Mayo-System The
folder appears to be irrecoverably corrupted.