On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 09:06 +0100, twohot wrote:
> I'm not sure if this should fall into the hacking section or general
> section ...

        Hi,
as this is not about developer thing, then I would rather use
evolution-list, because you are asking as a user. Nonetheless, see
below.

> 1. Once an account is set up it becomes difficult to implement an
> "alias sending".  Evolution doesn't allow its user change the sender's
> field when composing ... except for accounts created locally.  For
> people involved in open-source projects like Evolution this makes it
> hard to use evolution to send list related mails.  Why? Some users
> have email aliases tied to their email accounts ... and use the
> aliases for such projects.  Is there no way one could override the
> sender's field so users can enter their email aliases instead?

No way at the moment, there is a bug filled in
https://bugzilla.gnome.org for identities or something like that. Evo's
way for this is to create an account for each alias and set only sending
part there (the receiving will hae "None"). Then you would be able to
choose respective addresses when sending a message.

> 2. It would be nice if evolution can start silently ... docked in the
> panel and runs on the background.

No way, no need, will never be part of evolution itself. I'm sorry. Also
see http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ

> 3. I see Combo Tasks (or whatever) as a Task
> that has other tasks inside it -- like a project with small
> objectives.

Yes, sounds like a feature request. I thought it would be enough to
group your tasks based on a category (View->Define view and create a new
one there, and assign categories to your tasks), but it might not work
as you wish, with a relationship to the parent task. Please search the
bugzilla, and if not found there already filled, then feel free to file
a feature request there.
        Bye,
        Milan