On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 08:37 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> Does GtkTreeRowReference drop its model reference when the row is
> removed?

        Hi,
it unrefs model when itself is freed, not the row itself (thus the
validity check on the reference, I suppose).

> If so, it ought to be sufficient to clear the model with
> gtk_list_store_clear() or gtk_tree_store_clear() before unreffing it.
> Is that what you're doing?

Not enough, because the above. I'm doing this [1] (2.91.91+). Search for
e_attachment_store_remove_all() calls (the patch fixes also placing of
attachments to the correct bar).

You might use something less "aggressive", like iterator or path, for
local indexes.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit?id=2533e52