On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 15:33 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Btw, I was thinking about this. Is this kind of solution really
> needed? I mean, its easy to bump the timeout for the async ops, and i
> think the current maximum dbus timeout is six hours. Are there actual
> correct evolution operations that we expect to take more than six
> hours to complete?

        Hi,
I'm not aware of any operation which may take more than 6 hours :) The
default timeout is about 30 seconds, and even after that you cannot
distinguish whether the factory is just stuck or the backend does other
operations and your new request is pilled in. The new behaviour lets you
know that the factory is actually alive, which I believe is a good thing
to do.
        Bye,
        Milan