On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:11 +0200, Milan Crha wrote: 
> I hope not, I'm currently working on evo bits to be buildable with
> done, but I'm postponing it till I have evo and the standard rest done
> as well). Having one API deprecated and second "unstable" doesn't sound
> good to me, same as there doesn't seem to be many things to change
> anyway. We can always increase .so name version, that's just for it,
> isn't it?

Anything in the EClient API dealing with ESourceList, URI strings, or
default sources will be removed when the account-mgmt branch is merged,
and there's a fair chance now that may not happen until 3.3.  So the API
is unstable whether we claim it to be or not.

Obviously we would bump sonames when things change with or without the
#define.  My suggestion was more about setting expectations for users of
the API.  It's a way of saying "we think this API is stable but it's
still too soon to know for sure; fair warning".

evolution-hackers mailing list
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...

Reply via email to