I notice this most often with evolution-ews, but I have seen it with
google calendar as well.  The calendar basically loses its ability to
retrieve stored passwords and has to keep asking for them every time.

What's happening is that the uri= property in gconf has been reset to
the base_uri, meaning that the password retriever no longer has a URI to
parse to get the protocol, user and host name for finding the password.
The calendar still works because it uses the hosturl property for
attachment.

I can fix the bug by replacing the uri= property with what I know it
should be, but it's pretty annoying.  Does anyone know what the problem
might be?

James