On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 12:30 +0200, venom00 wrote:
> Hello, I've come up with a simple patch to change the generated
> Message-IDs. Currently they're like:
> {UNIX-time}.{Evolution PID}.{Mail Counter since Evolution
> Start}@{Machine Name}
>
> I've simply taken it, computed the SHA512, put it in BASE64 and then I
> append @evolution.gnome.org

> Comments, critics or simple rejection are welcome. Feel free to change
> or improve the patch, which is GPL'd.
>
> I've worked on gnome-2-32 branch.

        Hi,
I'm sorry, but I do not understand it, what is it good for? The only
change I see is that the message IDs would be unnecessary long and
unreadable with your patch (though who does want to read it). I do not
see any issue with current approach of generating Message IDs in Camel,
neither with RFC 5322 [1], which, I confess, I only briefly searched for
message-id string.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322