On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 17:52 +0800, Mike wrote:
> However, when I press delete key, it's not just moving it to
> [Gmail]/Trash. The mail will still be in [Gmail]/All Mail...

        Hi,
hmm, there are some tweaks to do it right with Google's IMAP
implementation. It might be a bug, if it doesn't work for you.
As a starter, is your receiving URL's host part ending with
either "gmail.com" or "googlemail.com"? Feel free to file
a bug [1] for this issue, as it'll be easier to investigate there.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1]
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution-data-server