On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 13:32 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> Which is the long-term vision for Evolution in this regard?

Lack of proper offline support has been my main motivation for
developing SyncEvolution. I know from others that they, too, would love
to see this supported natively in EDS+Evolution, without the need for an
external application.

If there is sufficient interest, then I would be open for discussions
about how SyncEvolution could be integrated seamlessly into Evolution.
This would bring offline support for CalDAV, CardDAV, ActiveSync and
might even add support for SyncML peers (client or server).

But note that the current code is in C++ and depends on additional
libraries that are not currently part of the GNOME stack (libsynthesis,
libneon for offline CalDAV/CardDAV). Rewriting it in pure C+GNOME would
be a lot of work.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly