On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 09:19 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 14:47 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> > Well, they do not do it right, and this kind of "outsourcing" proved to
> > be problematic in the past, thus why to rely on something nonworking
> > with "not our fault, ask them to fix it" explanation? I always thought
> > we do software for people, not people for software.
>
> Consistency with other GTK+ applications is more important.
>
> If GtkFileChooser has chosen a bad policy, try and open a discussion
> with Federico about it.  Don't just circumvent the policy.  I would
> consider that a regression.

I strongly disagree that consistency with other Gtk+ applications is
more important than basic usability. The GtkFileChooser is just
stunningly broken — and by accepting its stupidity wholesale, that means
that Evolution has regressed in usability.

I agree with Milan that we should switch back to how we were doing
things before.

--
dwmw2