On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 00:39 +1100, Timothy Ward wrote:
> After looking at the latest EDS docs and the info on the latest EDS
> addressbook API I wondered if there were and docs related to reading the
> address book info in total all fields to another source, the code I am
> using is quite old and the addressbook API interface has changed many
> times and requires rewritting. Do any reference notes exist that would
> help me with this task.

Not quite sure what you mean by "reading to another source", but you can
obtain all the EContact objects from an address book with
e_book_client_get_contacts().

You'll want to pass an S-expression query that just matches everything.
I believe the way to do so is:

    book_query = e_book_query_any_field_contains ("");
    sexp_string = e_book_query_to_string (book_query);

    e_book_client_get_contacts (client, sexp_string, ...);

The query syntax is not very well documented.  I gleaned the example
above from Evolution code.  I can try to elaborate further if needed.

Matthew Barnes