Hi,

I presume that every developer knows the markdown syntax and a lot of
writers also already know the simple markup language that is used for the
most documentations on github. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

It has several advantages against the hyper text markup language (html):

   - It does not compete with the client design
   - It can be viewed as text without being unreadable
   - It can be written faster and without using the mouse

The idea is to write in markdown. In the message compose options you choose
"WYSIWYG" or "MarkDown" and when you write a message you just get a text
box (above the quoted emails). When you send the message the message gets
converted to html before it gets send.

There is already a wide acceptance of markdown and also some email clients
allow composing in markdown. With MarkDown-Here
<https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here> you can use it in the most
webclients, they also have a extension for firefox.

I would really prefer to write my emails with markdown in evolution.

Best regards
Thomas Flori