On Wed, 2019-05-15 at 15:49 -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
>     gnutls Add support for timeouts on GnuTLS pulls
>
> So if you apply that on top of 2.54.1, the test programme works
> again.

        Hi,
do you see from the server logs whether the patched code tried TLS
v1.3, and then v1.2? I'm only wondering.

After re-reading the previous messages in this thread, you found that
the development version 2.55.2 works fine. As it's a development
version, the (usual) distributions may pick the stable version, 2.56.0
or later. Or they can find which patch fixed it between 2.55.1 and
2.55.2 and backport only that one (you referenced that change above).

Thinking of it, maybe it's a nonsense to ask them about the TLS version
downgrade on the fly. My "suggestion" would be over-complicated.

In any case, thank you for your time and help on this.
        Bye,
        Milan