>>> against system evolution-data-server (eds) and you do not like
>>> that Evolution installs its eds module into the directory,
>>> where eds expects to have the modules installed.
>>
>> I suggest to recheck the functionality from the CMake scripts.
>>
>> elfring@Sonne:~> /usr/bin/pkgconf --variable=uimoduledir
>> libedataserverui-1.2
>> /usr/lib64/evolution-data-server/ui-modules
>
> I do not see a need for it.

Our software development views might differ here.

> This only supports what I wrote in my previous mail and I wrote it
> because you wrote the same thing in one of your GitLab tickets.

I became curious if further clarification and improvements can be achieved
also according to a topic like “Adjust the determination of installation
directories for special software builds”.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1201#note_951523

>> This environment variable has got a known purpose.
>
> Sure, and distributions use that as such. Successfully.

“DESTDIR” can work with file systems that do not need the specification
of drive letters (or similar identifiers).

> Maybe I didn't get your claim then.

It seems so.

>> My approach for a test installation is clearly described, isn't it?
>
> Well, you did not describe anything from your build process.

I am using just the supported software build system.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/blob/b4cb8a66df4b743cdc4427e3196af57201fcf744/CMakeLists.txt#L1

> I mean from how exactly you are trying to build Evolution.

I suggest to take another look at provided information.
See also the topic like “Using a customised directory for a software test
installation”.
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1199

> All I wrote here was a plain guess on some random pieces of the information
> I collected from various places, some of which I noticed only accidentally.

It seems that you might need more time to pick “hints” up in intended ways.

> In any case, to make life easier to the contributors, the following
> wiki page had been provided years ago:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building
> It can have its caveats, the distributions changed meanwhile, thus it
> can be a "fun" to install all the dependencies, but the core parts are
> working when the steps are followed precisely.

I can agree to such a view.

> I'm not able to provide support for building such complex application as
> Evolution is to every single person whom may eventually want to start
> coding in such a beast,

I hope that you can become interested in further software evolution here.

How is the status for the component “module-evolution-alarm-notify”?
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/tree/87732546bcfc8857cae337d3b793c858ebf5c36d/src/modules/alarm-notify

>                         the less when it doesn't follow an article
> which had been provided for that (to make life easier) very purpose.

I picked information up for my development needs.

> Again, Evolution is a complex application. If the dependencies are not
> complete or any other problem arises, then it's expected that the
> person whom wants to contribute to such complex application is able to
> solve such trivial thing as installing necessary dependencies, about
> which the build process claims.

* Do you care for questionable software behaviour according to customised
  run time environments?

* How do you think about to check effects from a program start
  after an installation succeeded for another software test?

Regards,
Markus