I'm interesting in implementing/co-ordinating some effort to add this support.
Since I use vim, that's my first goal.  I've started to look at the composer
code, and I'm guessing the easiest way to do this would be to make vim into a
Bonobo component which implements the gtkhtml interface (which
the composer currently uses).  However, this is probably not the Right Thing
(tm) to do, since vim isn't an html editor - it's a plain text editor.
  That's actually the simplest way to do it.

  We could also hack the composer and GtkHTML up so that the non-plain-text features are a separate interface, and you can have an editor that only supports the plain-text stuff.

--
Ettore