On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 07:15, Tomar wrote:
> I used to see this happen if I had automatic mail check,
> for instance every 10 minutes, but failed to enter a
> password in the interval, which was 10 minutes.  I couldn't
> see anything wrong with the code and it was "worked around"

well excuse me..

remember password is 'remembering password' no matter if i check emails
automatically in 10 mins intervals or get the stuff from my popaccount
by pressing send/receive. anyways if the dialog comes up requesting for
the password again then it's definately lost. closing the dialog and
pressing send/receive manually afterwards won't help you are forced to
re-enter the password. for me it's clear that it's broken.

these workarounds like 'disable that feature' or 'do this and that' is
in no way commentable from my side since these options are in there
because someone thought and discussed this with others. it makes no
sense for not using some features to avoid problems that may happen.

even ye' olde balsa behaves correcty with the same feature. i am often
out of house and my little UNI 1mb limmit mailbox exceeds per day so i
let the dialup running the whole day in hope that it fetches all my
mails in 10 mins intervals. what good will a interval checker give me if
it fails because of forgetting passwords ?

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]