On Wed, 2001-10-10 at 16:10, Not Zed wrote:

> (moving to evo-hackers)
>
> So I guess the question is, what should be the behaviour?
>
> Only remove 'things that used to match but no logner' on an explicit
> expunge?
>
> Do we expunge the folders underneath too (which might not be what was
> wanted as its slow).
>
> Does a sync operation just sync all the underlyhing folders so that
> flags are stored?  (seems reasonable to me).

the difference is writing to disk vs. updating the message list.  it
does make sense to write to disk when you leave, or even at random
intervals.  but the messages should only disappear from the vfolder due
to a direct user action (expunge).

i don't think there's any other really good way to do this.

but the newer code is definitely better than the old :)

jacob