Well it was never expected to work at all before the recent changes.

I think i've worked out what it might be, i wasn't remapping the uid's
from vfolder uid's -> folder uid's before searching on the subfolder
and trying to match against uid's.

Hrm, one problem is that vfolders of vfolders will end up with longer
and longer uid's, and to make that work differently would require more
work (another side effect is that duplicate messages from different
vfolders will show up as unique messages multiple times ... :-/)

Anyway maybe this just checkedin fix will fix the basic behaviour.