On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 15:46, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So, we need to make offline support better before 1.2 goes out.  Right
> now offline support sucks in the following ways:
>
>    1. We don't allow specifying which folders should be synced -- we
>       just sync them all.

Rather, we just sync Inboxes.

>    2. We don't allow specifying any criteria for how folders should be
>       synced up (e.g. whether to sync all the messages, or only the
>       messages that are unread, or whatever).

And you forgot to mention the Clever Hack for this, which is that the
mailer needs to claim that vfolders are syncable, and then you create a
vfolder that selects the kinds of messages you want to sync, and tell
the shell to sync only that folder. I think this was considered an
enhancement on top of the must-happen-for-1.2 stuff though.

-- Dan