I just ckecked out the 1.2 branch of the cvs and tried to compile it
(for translation update).

@INTLTOOL_UPDATE@ and @INTLTOOL_EXTRACT@ won't be substituted until you
add the AC_PROG_INTLTOOL to configure.in

The $(GETTEXT_PACKAGE) variable in po/Makefile[.in] doesn't get
substituted. I don't really know a fix for that. Maybe with some
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED() in configure.in. Or maybe the real solution is to
use @GETTEXT_PACKAGE@ and add the following lines

GETTEXT_PACKAGE=evolution
AC_SUBST(GETTEXT_PACKAGE)

to configure.in and

#undef GETTEXT_PACKAGE

to acconfig.h

And last but not least, if you guys are assuming people to compile
evolution with gettext 0.10 is it possible to add a quick comment in the
README or INSTALL file. Because people running gettext 0.11 will fail
compiling evolution on a missing intl/ directory. The fix is to add
--intl argument to the gettextize command in the macro/autogen.sh file.

Thanks

--
Joaquim Fellmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>