On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 03:30, Calvin Liu wrote:
> They're spread everywhere, with gconf, bonobo-conf and libxml. Why don't
> we use only one model?

evolution 1.4 is dropping bonobo-conf in favour of gconf.

pre-1.4 didn't use gconf because gconf wasn't considered "stable" until
just recently, which is why we continued using bonobo-conf (that and
switching to another configuration library is a fair bit of work).

vfolders and filters will remain in xml files since gconf cannot handle
storing complex data types - so trying to force-feed them into a gconf
database is just wrong.

Jeff

> Thanks.
>
> Calvin