On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 09:15 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> > Let's not argue about that too much -- we won't make any progress. Let's
> > just recognise that this 'DTRT' thing that you suggest is hard when we
> > can't agree on what TRT is.
>
> Yes, but all your solutions seem to implement it the way *you* want - in
> other words, "lets not argue about it because I know I'm right".

Not at all. I'm saying that it's pointless to argue about whether
reply-to-list or reply-to-all is best; let's just make it simple for the
user to choose.

And it's *already* simple for the user to choose if they're using the
keyboard shortcuts or the menu; it's only the toolbar that really needs
attention, as you say.

And despite the fact that I personally think the toolbar is just perfect
-- it doesn't show this silly Reply-to-List option at all, because
nobody should be doing that -- I still went out of my way to implement
an option that lets you turn the 'Reply to All' button into a 'Reply in
Public' button which replies to the list by preference, purely for the
benefit of those who disagree with me.

I don't see anyone *else* putting real code forward; let alone code
which enables a behaviour which they find suboptimal.

--
dwmw2