On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 11:09 -0800, Carl, Steve wrote:

> You don't say what version of Evolution you are using here, so this
> reply will be of limited use. I am running Fedora 16 and its 3.2.2
> version, and it is not working well there for a different reason
> completely: It works a couple of time, but then the address book part
> of the data server crashes. I am running against Exchange 2007 by the
> way.

We are using exactly the same versions, on both ends.

> To work around all that, I turned off the GAL, and defined an LDAP
> address book pointing at the active directory domain controller.

I think I saw your (or somebody's) note online about this and tried it,
without success.

> Evolution 3.3.3 is supposed to fix the issue I am seeing. Yours, being
> TLS sounds different: I am I believe using TLS successfully. Perhaps
> you are trying to, and the server is not set to use it?

Perhaps. But I don't see any option in Evolution to change that.
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA
cell +1 949 394 2124, dave.cl...@us.thalesgroup.com

I don't send HTML email and I prefer not to receive it.
HTML email is ugly and a significant security exposure.