On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 11:26 +0100, Bastien Durel wrote:
> Well ... maybe I had to close evolution with --force-close, and not
> only with the WM close button: today (after a shutdown) "it works" as
> expected.

        Hi,
good.

> Thanks for your time, and sorry for this mistake.

I do not think it's your mistake, closing just evolution window is
sufficient for this case.

> Is GConf using something like a cache which may have been invalidated
> by the modifications I made into ?

Yes, it is caching values from a disk into memory, but as long as you do
not change its internal files, but access values through standard tools
like gconf-editor, gconftool-2 or any GConf API, then you are on a safe
side. Maybe something with GConf which required a restart? Who knows.
        Bye,
        Milan