On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 21:18 +1000, Christopher M Bailey wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 11:44 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> > evolution-3.2.3-3 on the old computer with Fedora 16
> >  Evolution 3.4.1 is running on Fedora 17
> Hang on, have I got this right? You're running BETA software (Fedora 16
> is the latest stable release), did not use the recommended method for
> transferring data and have cleansed the original system before checking
> to see if your backups are usable?  I'm confident the folks here will be
> able to help you out, if it is possible.  However I think that the
> lesson to be learnt here is to plain your migrations, especially when
> beta code is involved.

Everything needed to piece together a borked [1] is found at
<http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.2/data-storage.html.en>

<http://geekubuntu.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/how-to-backup-evolution-mail/>
might also be somewhat helpful but is *really* out of date.

[1] borked by the user - this is *NOT* Evolution's or GNOME's fault; so
no messages with subjects like "evolution is not reliable"

For a sane/correct way to do this -
<http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/31/backup-and-restore-evolution/>
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1588451>