On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 13:24 -0600, Brian A Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 17:26 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 09:52 -0600, Brian A Anderson wrote:
> > > How do I migrate from one machine running Evolution 2.24.5 to another
> > > machine running Evolution 3.4.3.
> >

> I tried using this procedure but it did not work.
> I used the backup from the old version 2.24.5 it produced a
> evolution-backup.tar.gz

Sorry, it didn't impinge on my brain that you were using such an old
version.

> So I killed all the programs and removed all the files in my user space
> and restarted evolution 3.4.3 on the new machine

Did you try restarting Evolution without removing the files to see if it
migrated the data to the new format?

>  and downloaded files
> from my ISP provider.
> So far so good.  But no files from before.

Sometimes it is better to start from scratch and rebuild all the data -
it depends on how many mail accounts you have, how your accounts are
accessed and how complex your setup is.  I'm going to have to do it at
some point because I have crud in my Evo folders from much testing of
various mail types, calendars, contacts and so on, and I have no idea
which I can safely delete!  So, look on the bright side ....

P.