On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 15:47 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 11:37 -0400, Bob Fleming wrote:
> > I recently installed a newer version of Centos after a drive began failing.
> >
> > Although I have a copy of all files from the old drive, I foolishly did
> > not go through the Evolution backup process.
> >
> > Is there a process for restoring configuration and mail folders outside of
> > the backup/restore process?
> >
> > Can I just "import" from the old Evolution folders?
>
> The files in 2.12 are held in .evolution so you should be able to just
> find the relevant mbox files and import the messages.  What will be a
> problem is importing the configuration - I think the configuration was
> already held in Gconf for that version so you are going to have to play
> around with that to be able to get what you need - it's not for a
> novice.
>
> You might try looking a while back on the list archives - there may have
> been some discussion about it when RHEL6 / CentOS 6 / SL 6 came out.

It's possible, I once did it, IIRC it might be somewhere in the Ubnutu
Studio or Debian user, but perhaps Arch Linux mailing lists. I can't
remember what I did, but I remember that it was a PITA and I didn't
restore everything, but another user did.

IOW, backup everything and just try it and search the web for
information how to do it.

I can't help, but definitively say, that this is possible.